The following resources have been developed for use in schools and districts, in relation to the Collaborative Response Model.
Join the CRM Network to access further resources, samples and ideas from community participants engaging in Collaborative Response Model structures and processes in their educational organizations.
Please note we are redesigning this page to include PDF, Word and Google templates (as available).
Collaborative Response Model Overview (PDF – Word) – A one-page visual overview and comparison matrix for the Collaborative Response Model. Includes a link to overview materials, as well as core beliefs and distinctive features of the model.
CRM Action Plan (PDF (11 x 17) – Word (Simple) – Google Doc) – An action planning template to use for leaders or school teams to determine next steps in establishing a collaborative response model in schools
- Bibliography – Anchor Resources – List of anchor resources fundamental in the initial theoretical development of a Collaborative Response Model
- Essential Cultural Shifts Analysis – Survey – Survey tool to use with staff teams, identifying cultural shifts that staff believe in versus their current reality in the school
- Essential Cultural Shifts – Change Index – A reflection tool for leaders to consider minor to major shifts for their school to move from a traditional culture to one responsive to the needs of students
Locus of Control Organizer (PDF – Word – Google Doc) – Organizer to be used when engaging in a Locus of Control discussion activity. View a blog posting describing this process and how it can support the collaborative team meeting discussion.
- Next Steps to Respond to Students’ Literacy Needs – Tool for teams and school staff to reflect upon fundamental next steps when developing a school-wide response to the literacy needs of students
- Reflection on School-Wide Student Transitions – A perception collection tool to use with staff teams, identifying features of a proactive response identifying students in need of support
Collaborative Team Meetings
- Essential Elements Rubric – CTM (with Notes) – Self-assessment rubric to determine current realities and next steps for collaborative team meeting structures in schools
- Embedding Time for Collaboration Chart – Organizer for staff team conversations, examining current and possible ways to embed time in schedules/calendars for collaboration
- Collaborative Team Meeting Record (Template) – PDF version of a CTM record template, to record discussion and decisions from a collaborative team meeting
- Sample Collaborative Team Meeting Record – Sample team meeting record from a grade three meeting, focusing upon student literacy
- Collaborative Team Meeting Visual Student Scoreboard – Picture of a sample Student Scoreboard, used to guide discussion of students in a collaborative team meeting
- Student Card Template – Sample student card template for Student Scoreboards, with the ability to show progress from Kindergarten to grade six
Team Norms Template (PDF – Word – Google Doc) – Template for establishing team norms for collaborative team meetings (or other purposes in your professional learning community). View a blog posting discussing the development of team norms.
- Team Norms Sample (Grade 1 CTM) – Sample set of team norms for a grade one team (specifically establishing norms for a collaborative team meeting)
- Process for Establishing Team Norms – Resource for school leaders, describing a process for establishing team norms, with link to a video describing the process
- CTM Role Cards – Roles cards to assign roles during a Collaborative team Meeting
- Collaborative Team Meeting – Student Discussion Checklist– template to use for team members to complete prior to collaborative team meetings, to prepare for the conversation.
- Collaborative Team Meeting Cycle – An overview of the Collaborative Team Meeting Cycle, illustrating the work of grade-level teams on the weeks between regularly scheduled Collaborative Team Meetings
- Essential Elements Rubric – Assessments (with Notes) – Self-assessment rubric to determine current realities and next steps for establishing benchmark and progress monitoring assessments in schools
- Examining Common Assessments – Template – Template to assist schools when considering common assessments (benchmark and progress monitoring) for school-wide implementation
- Criteria and Considerations with Determining a Benchmark Assessment – Things to consider when determining benchmark assessments in a school or district, as an essential element of a Collaborative Response Model
- Assessment Planning Template – Template to assist schools in planning for benchmark, diagnostic and progress monitoring assessments
Student Entry Level Criteria Template (PDF – Word – Google Doc) Template to assist teams in setting common student entry levels based on assessment data. View a blog posting sharing how it applies to visually determining students for discussion in a collaborative team meeting.
Pyramid of Interventions
- Essential Elements Rubric – Pyramid of Interventions (with Notes) – Self-assessment rubric to determine current realities and next steps for developing and refining a pyramid of interventions in schools
- Four Tier Intervention Pyramid – An explanation of the Four Tier Intervention Pyramid, central to responding to student needs in a Collaborative Response Model
- Intervention Description – Template – Template to assist schools in articulating interventions and identifying which tier they are associated within the Pyramid of Interventions
- Intervention Description – Alternatives Program (Behaviour Sample) – A sample Intervention Description related to behaviour
- Tier 1-4 Posters – Posters highlighting the basic concepts of Tiers 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Student Intervention Record – Template – Template to record strategies, accommodations and interventions established for a student
- Examining Intervention Strategies – Template – Template to examine possible school-wide interventions already in place or to be considered