It is virtually impossible for a teacher to know how to successfully provide instruction and support for all students in diverse, inclusive contemporary classrooms. Come learn about a Collaborative Response Model, a school framework that values collaborative, action focused responses, data-informed discussions, and timely intervention to ensure all students can experience success. Come learn how school administration and inclusive learning support leadership teams establish school-wide structures to ensure support for every student in our schools and across our districts. Numerous Alberta school and district examples, as well as access to a myriad of resources will be provided.
Who Should Attend
- Staff members new to schools with Collaborative Response Models already established.
- In the afternoon, Kim will work further with new staff to understand how the model is conceptualized in their school.
- Leadership teams interested in establishing Collaborative Response Models in their schools or districts.
- In the afternoon, Lorna will work with leadership teams to help determine next steps for planning and implementation.
- Any individuals interested in learning more about the Collaborative Response Model.
About the Facilitators
Lorna Hewson is an award-winning educator who has served in numerous district leadership roles to support students in inclusive learning environments. She is the co-founder of Jigsaw Learning, co-author of the text Envisioning a Collaborative Response Model, and currently works with districts and schools across the province establishing Collaborative Response Model frameworks.
Kim Wedman is the Learning Services Coordinator for Wild Rose School Division. She is in her last year at the University of Calgary completing her Master’s of Education in Design Thinking, Innovation and Leadership and has taught in numerous K-12 settings
Location and Date
- October 13, 2017 – Ponoka (Ponoka Elementary School)
- 9:00 am to 3:30 pm, with lunch provided
Only $100.00 with lunch and snacks included.
- Register for Ponoka, October 13