It is virtually impossible for a teacher to know how to successfully provide instruction and support for all students in diverse, inclusive contemporary classrooms. Come learn about a Collaborative Response Model, a school framework that values collaborative, action focused responses, data-informed discussions, and timely intervention to ensure all students can experience success. Come learn how school administration and inclusive learning support leadership teams establish school-wide structures to ensure support for every student in our schools and across our districts. Numerous Alberta school and district examples, as well as access to a myriad of resources will be provided.
Who Should Attend
- Staff members new to schools with Collaborative Response Models already established.
- In the afternoon, Lorna will work further with new staff to understand how the model is conceptualized in their school.
- Leadership teams interested in establishing Collaborative Response Models in their schools or districts.
- In the afternoon, Kurtis will work with leadership teams to help determine next steps for planning and implementation.
- Any individuals interested in learning more about the Collaborative Response Model.
About the Facilitators
Kurtis Hewson is an award-winning former administrator and teacher, as well as teaching faculty at the post-secondary level.
Lorna Hewson is an award-winning educator who has served in numerous district leadership roles to support students in inclusive learning environments.
Kurtis and Lorna are the co-founders of Jigsaw Learning, co-authors of the text Envisioning a Collaborative Response Model, and currently work with districts and schools across the province establishing Collaborative Response Model frameworks.
Location and Date
- September 18, 2017 – Calgary (Wyndham Garden Calgary Airport)
- 9:00 am to 3:30 pm, with lunch provided
Only $100.00 with continental breakfast, lunch and snacks included.
- Register for Calgary, September 18