- Master of Special Education with a focus on behavior supports
- District leadership roles in behavior supports and inclusive services
- Past instructor at Red Deer College in the School of Education teaching positive behavior supports
- Leadership role in design and implementation of positive behavior support school
- Parent support through government agency
- Presenter and facilitator for educators and educational assistants annually throughout the province
- Coach and mentor for administrators, teachers, educational assistants and parents across the province
- Extensive experience in the area of social/emotional/behavioral programming and interventions.
Barb Pears is currently a full time Learning Associate with Jigsaw Learning. She recently worked as an instructor at Red Deer College teaching behavior supports in the Educational Assistant program. She also supports parents at FSCD through part time work. Barb has a master’s degree in Special Education and has been a teacher and administrator with students with behavior challenges since 2000. She was instrumental in the design and implementation of a Behavior Support School. Barb is gifted at fostering collaborative, respectful, supportive teaching and learning environments for students, families and staff.
She has worked as a Behavior Consultant for the past 5 years at the district level and believes that a multi-disciplinary approach is essential to offer the best possible programming for students. This involves partnering with students, parents, staff, external agencies, district schools and community organizations.
Barb has always had a connection with students with behavior challenges and loves sharing her passion and knowledge with others through direct service and workshops.
Barb loves to spend her time with family and friends. Her interests are photography and drawing and she enjoys the outdoors.